— The Power of Habit —
Learn How Habits Work and How to Develop Effective Habits Using Skill Instead of Willpower.
Habits affect performance more than talent, intelligence, luck, or decision making. Most know this, yet they struggle to take control of their habits to get the outcomes they want. Learn how The Power of Habit can help you gain mastery over the one thing that’s in your control: your own behaviour.
There are no organisations or individuals without habits. There are only those who deliberately design them and those who do not.
- Charles Duhigg, Author of The Power of Habit
Aligning The Power of Habit Skills With Your Business Needs
Core competencies built throughout this training
- Take control of habits to get to desired outcomes
- Learn the Habit Loop - Cue, Routine and Reward
- Develop effective habits through skill instead of willpower
Self-direction & Professionalism
- Idenitfy where you're not getting the results you want
- Get rid of or avoid cues that trigger bad routines
- Identify the psychological drives behind your habits
Join The Human Edge facilitator in a virtual classroom run on MS Teams or Zoom, from the comfort of your office or home.
Three 3-hour sessions
- Living in the lag.
- Make it doable.
- Learn how and why habits control us.
- Identify which areas of your work and life lag behind your hopes and expectations.
- Spot habit loops.
- Create a Habit Loop for a desired Starter Habit.
- Make it doable and make it desirable.
- Identify the cues that invite us to action.
- Learn how to use cues to automatically trigger desired outcomes.
- Understand what makes a good reward.
- Identify the Master Scripts you rely on to create effective rewards.
- Make it desirable and make it habitual.
- Learn how to connect rewards with your Master Scripts and new routines.
- Refine the habit loop for your Starter Habit.
- Learn how to turn bad days into good data.
- Discover how to stay focused to achieve your goals.
- Create an action plan for your Starter Habit.
Join The Human Edge facilitator at an in-person venue arranged for the training to take place.
Full 1-day programme
Leaving the Lag Behind
- Learn how and why habits control us
- Identify where your work and life lag behind your hopes and expectations
- Spot habit loops
- Create a habit loop for a desired Starter Habit
Make It Doable
- Create routines you can actually do
- Identify the cues that invite us to action
- Learn how to use cues to automatically trigger desired routines
Make It Desirable
- Understand what makes a good reward
- Identify the Master Scripts you rely upon to create effective rewards
- Learn how to connect rewards with your Master Scripts and new routines
- Refine the habit loop for your Starter Habit
Make It Habitual
- Learn how to turn bad days into good data
- Discover how to stay focused to achieve your goals
- Create an action plan for your Starter Habit
A Hybrid Approach to Training
The Human Edge offers a combined approach to learning where you can incorporate both virtual and in-person training methods to suit your needs.